Sep 22, 2008

Rock Climbing

I've decided ever since coming to college I've had a lot of firsts. I have gone snow boarding, walked through the park for fun, gone to physical therapy, had surgery, bought a car, and for the first time in my life I've been in debt (what an amazing feeling . . . .or something like that.) Saturday I had another first. . . well two. . .first of all UTAH STATE FOOTBALL WON A GAME! For the first time in two years we won a WAC game. We are leading the WAC right now, that is a first in a long time also. How pathetic but we have to celebrate still. haha. The other thing that was a first was I went rock climbing. Yes it was on a real rock. We went up Logan canyon a few miles. My friends Leron, Lincoln, Chelsea, Ben, Clair and Alex all went. It was a party. Leron has all the gear for it and sadly I fit into Lincoln's shoes perfectly so I was all set. Claire and I were the only ones that were new at this hobby of theirs. Everyone did it and then Claire went. She made it all the way to the top and I wasn't about to be the only one to not make it. I climbed and made it all the way to the top. I was terrified the whole time I was up there. I'm terrified of heights but there was no way i was going to let the guys make fun of me for not making it all the way to the top so I just sucked it up and went. It was a ton of fun, I was actually surprised with how much I actually enjoyed it. I think if I was to have an expensive outdoor hobby that would be it.

3 comments:

Meagan said...

You are a great girl. I like that you were not staying down. Being competitive is good sometimes. I am just a little jealous, and a lot bit proud that you got to climb a real rock!

J and L said...

I love the pictures Jackie. I know we looked at this with you but I just got on again and that was amazing. I'm proud of you! I wish I had done that when I was young and fit. Congrats on reaching the top.

Boom said...

Keep it up! Great hobby. I think Jim and Leslie rock climb at the YMCA. I guess it's not quite the same though!

Have Fun! Love Aunt Charlene