Aug 11, 2010

Homesick for somewhere that isn't home. . .





Can someone feel too much gratitude? I don't think that it is possible. I've been home from California for three days now and I have had a lot of time to think about my eight weeks that I was there. I learned a lot while I was out there. I learned how to be honest with myself along with other people. It isn't that I was a liar but I became better at expressing myself and being honest about everything! I am also a lot happier when I am doing the right things. I was able to surround myself with people that had amazing standards and won't change them for anything. The examples I had there were unbelievable!

My sister was an exceptional example to me. She is an amazing mother. She does such a good job. She doesn't think so but I will be lucky if I can be half the mom she is. She has raised her children (thus far) amazingly! She has a garden that is producing a lot of veggies! She feeds her children, plays with them, reads to them, and in all of this she gets her work done. She really is quite amazing. My Brother in law is also pretty amazing. He is a great dad and husband. I have complete respect for him.

My neice, Brooklyn is also a great example to me. I have never quite grasped the idea when we are taught to be like little children until now. Brooklyn is so happy and just wants everyone to be happy. She shares everything! She loves Jesus and Heavenly Father and is just so perfect. I would wake up some mornings to her singing or playing with Emma. I wish I would have enjoyed that more while I was there.

I met some incredible friends while I was there. I have never been so surrounded by good people. They are always doing their best to be their best. I haven't been around people like that in a very long time. It was so refreshing! They love the gospel so much and they are doing everything in their power to live the right way. I don't think they will ever understand how much they changed my life but I am forever in debt to them for the great examples they were and are to me. They have raised the bar so high for what I want to be around now that I'm back in Logan. They did make it very hard to come back, and for that I am angry at them. I do want to say that I am so very grateful that they gave me the opportunity to get to know them.

I am so grateful for the life changing experience! I am grateful for everyone that let me be a part of their lives! I have truely been touched. I will never forget this summer and how much it has meant to me.

2 comments:

Meagan said...

Oh Jackie,
Thanks for all of that. I am so glad you came and that you didn't hate living here. I just noticed that I forgot to bring your orchid home. I'll work on a way to get it back to you. Anyway, great post and don't worry, you are pretty amazing yourself. I love you so much. Have a good day.

Meagan said...

Also, you can call this place home anytime you want!