Jul 18, 2012

Alaska - First Three Days

We went to Alaska with Dave, Sharon, Dillon and Jack.  We went on a seven day cruise with the Norwegian Cruise Line.  The first day we sailed we had some great food for dinner.  Brady had lobster and I had some sea food roll thing.  I don't remember what it was called but it was delicious!  We had some fun the first couple days participating in the activities that the cruise provides.  We went to a game called Sing It If You Know It.  I think Sharon and Dave were a little surprised to see how hyper I can get.  I was running up for every song trying to guess the title of the song they were playing and then sing the song.  Too bad I don't know titles of songs or lyrics.  I am really good at recognizing tunes though!  Brady was a sport and went up with me the majority of the time.

Another time we played the Not So Newly Wed Game.  We were one of the couples that was selected to play the game.  We got there just before they started the show and I was excited because I was determined to be a participant.  The assistant cruise director knew me from the Sing It If You Know It Game so I thought I would have an in.  There were a bunch of couples that wanted to participate so they had us kiss and then the audience got to decide who should be up there from the kisses.  We weren't chosen from that round but we were chosen the second round.  We ended up being the most newly wed couple of the bunch and it was so much fun!  Unfortunately I didn't know they filmed the whole thing and it aired on the cruise tv the rest of the week.  If you want to know the questions and answers just ask, but I won't write them all down.  We ended up winning and the prize was a champagne.  We gave it away to the couple that let us sit in the front row with them!

We made it to Juneau on Tuesday June 12.  It was our first stop in Alaska and it was a lot of fun.  We took a taxi out to Mendenhall Glacier when we got off the boat.  It was a lot of fun and we went on a little walk to a glacier fed waterfall.  It was so pretty and it didn't rain!  We are so lucky that it didn't.  Juneau wasn't that exciting of a city but we did find a great Russian dumpling restaurant that was amazing!  They had two things on their menu and it was wonderful!  I'm so glad that is a tradition the Brady and I have when we visit new places!











No comments: