Glacier Bay is a National Park that has a lot of animals, history, and well glaciers. It was quite the amazing trip. Apparently they only let two cruise ships in a day and a hand full of commercial boats. We needed to be up early this day because it was supposed to be the prime location to see bears, whales, otters, wolves, etc. Well it was very cold outside and so everyone was camped out in the areas of the boat that had a lot of windows. Unfortunately Brady and I forgot to bring binoculars so we couldn't look for wildlife very well. We met a nice gentleman who let us borrow some of their binoculars once in a while, he would ask Brady if he could see anything cause he couldn't. We saw a lot of little icebergs while we were sailing through the bay and the end was great!
The boat stops at these two glaciers, I can't remember their names for the life of me because I names the white one Abel and the black on Cain. Of course I named them better than whoever came up with the real names. Anyways we got to see the glacier calving a couple times. There were also three wolves playing on the beach on a bear. I didn't see those because I wanted to watch the glacier. It was incredible, the sound it makes when the ice breaks off it pretty amazing. Anyways, here are pictures. . .
No comments:
Post a Comment