Life is awesome right now. I realize I complain on my blog a lot. Today there is none of that. I've had a pretty good start with summer this year. I started off working Monday and Tuesday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. It was amazing-I came out sane in the end. Then I went car shopping Wednesday. I got a 2004 dodge neon. Mom and Dad came up to help me out. Our car sales man was really funny, he bugged me super bad at first. Then when he quit using the word immaculate it got better. I walked out of there with a new car. I was pretty overwhelmed with the whole thing.
Wednesday night I drove up to Aspen Grove for my amazing leadership conference which is HOBY. I was there Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. It was so much fun! I loved it and next year I get to go back next year as a councilor! I was also able to see Shawna a couple times and my friend, Metta, who I haven't seen for almost two years. It was so good to see both of them. It was a good weekend that is for sure.
Basically all I'm doing this summer is working and playing volleyball. It has been pretty amazing so far. Last night I played well for the first time in about a month. I decided that since I can't play with my right arm I was going to set and dig better. Last night was the first time I had a lot of saves from diving. I bounced my head off the floor once and then jumped backwards and landed on my back. It was really funny. I also ran into a couple people also. Serving has always been my favorite part about volleyball and that has been hard for me to not be able to serve. For the past couple weeks I've been trying to serve left handed. I figure since I am already a bit ambidextrous it shouldn't be too hard. Yeah it is. I can now stand a little more than half way and serve the ball over with my left hand. Hopefully after this summer I will be able to play with either hand. After the games ended I stayed and practiced hitting with my left hand. I was getting some umph behind my hits which felt really nice. They aren't great hits but at least there is something behind them. It has been a good summer so far. I think it will stay that way.
My Goals for this summer-
1. Learn how to serve/hit left handed
2. Learn how to block
3. Learn how to whistle
I'm hoping to add to the list. These are just the three things I really really want to accomplish. We'll see how it comes along.
2 comments:
Jackie, you didn't tell me you got a new car! That sounds awesome. Glad you have fun plans/goals for the summer.
Here's a note from Brooklyn:
gbgkh b.,, jh ,jh,lghlj;l,kh; j, kjll;jjl
Keep working on those goals and update your blog. Love you so much Mom
Post a Comment