
Miller Design Company. http://www.millerdesignco.com/index.php This was the first interview I had. I like their work a lot. I think what I liked most was the experience I had with them. I got there thirty minutes early and we were meeting at a coffee shop. I waited the until 10:55 to go int the coffee shop and then while I was looking around the barista asked me if I was looking for someone. I told him I was waiting for Jacob from this company. I also realized I had left my phone at Meagan's house. While I was waiting I saw a cycling group come and go and then I knew he had forgotten about me. I was talking to the barista again and they called them for me. About ten minutes later I was meeting with Jacob. It was a good interview for the most part but nothing worked out. I never heard from them again.

Pamela Pennington Studios http://www.pamelapenningtonstudios.com/ was the next interview I had. It was really fun. I didn't get lost everything was great. I got there ten minutes early. I got the grand tour of their firm. I also got to sit in on a vendor's meeting. It was amazing! Fabric is probably my favorite part of interior design so far. I love it, and have become a fabric/textile snob. The interview went well and they offered it to me right there.

Bethe Cohen Design Associates is the firm I had visited last July when I went out to visit. This was the internship I really wanted. After my first interview with Pamela on Wednesday morning we went to downtown San Jose to the museum. Then after that I needed to go to Campbell to my last interview. To make along story short I got lost. I ended up being an hour late! I had called Meagan and Shawna but neither of them answered. I didn't have Derek's number and so I called Bethe Cohen. I got instructions from them but I still had a hard time. I finally stopped by a subway and asked some people how to get to Campbell Avenue. hey were really nice and heped me a lot. I got there right at five and I sat in the car for just a second so I could collect myself. When I went this lady asked me if I was okay. I started crying and she was so good to me. She got me some water and the interview went really well after that. They each told me their own story about getting lost. I still felt humiliated but it was alright. I ended up getting an offer from them also. I decided to take the internship with them. I'm really excited and I start June 14! I can't wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment