This year was the first time I can ever remember missing Nikki's birthday. It was really weird to miss it but we had a celebration that was very fun. We spent Christmas Day with my family until late afternoon/early evening and then we headed up to Logan for the night. We got up early the next morning and headed up to the Hammond family cabin. We had a lot of fun spending some time up there and then spending some time with Sharon and Dave. We were able to go down to Salt Lake with Sharon and Dave to celebrate Brady's aunt Lisa's birthday. It was a surprise birthday and it was fun to get to know Brady's DeFriez side of the family a bit more. We spent the night in Salt Lake and went to the Salt Lake temple the next morning before heading back up to Idaho Falls. The Salt Lake temple was beautiful and it was my first time there to do a session. It was a wonderful experience. We got back up to Idaho Falls and Brady and I headed up to Alta to spend New Years Eve with Paul, Caryn, his Aunt Jana and Uncle Ross and their family.
New Years Eve and New Years was a lot of fun. We ate amazing food, spent time with wonderful people and played some Foosball. Jana and Ross are some of the most hospitable people we know and it was so much fun to spend the holiday with them. We had a wonderful dinner, but we always eat like royalty when we are with them. After dinner we were looking for some New Years attire to use and we couldn't find any. Instead of going out and buying any we decided to made hats. Brady's cousin's daughters helped me make them. We made them out of paper and tape. The girls were given tiaras and the men were given top hats. It was a great activity to do with Lauren and Ryann and they loved it too. I cut out the designs and then I let them write the persons name on it and decorate it however they wanted. It was the best! Everyone was a trooper and wore them throughout the night. It was amazing!
One of the best parts of the night was our little foosball tournament. I started playing at the PAD team and I have actually become quite good. I had heard about Ross and how amazing he was so I wanted to test my skills. Brady and I played against Ross and Clint. I had to get used to the table but once I did tt was amazing. They were intense games but Brady and I won 3 out of 3! It was incredible and Brady played so well! After that we went to bed. It was such a great night!
The next morning we were supposed to go skiing at 8 or 9 but we slept right through and finally got up to Targhee around 12. We skied for a half day and Brady had a blast. We met up with Sharon, Dave, and Jack and did a couple runs down the mountain. Then they left and Brady and I spent some more time up there. Brady keeps telling me I am getting the hang of it but I don't know about that. I dread skiing but I guess that is what people do when they live in a place that has snow for half the year. It was a fun time I wish I had my camera working to take some pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment