Jun 12, 2013

Kitchen Remodel Completed

Brady and I finished remodeling the kitchen in his Aunt Jo's house.  We went back to Logan around Jan 3 so we could start working on the house.  I was thinking it would take three days tops.  The wall paper was falling off the walls in areas so I didn't think it would be a big deal to take down all of it. BOY WAS I WRONG!  It took a lot longer than that!  The wall paper came off easy in two or three places that were maybe three square feet in total.  It was the craziest thing, every area was a different experience.  Some areas had six to seven layers of wall paper under it and some had bare plaster under it.  There were a couple places that had just the sheet rock under and that was stuck in a way that I never thought it would come off.  It was hard work but it ended up working out really well.  I'm so glad we did it.  I wish I had pictures but I forgot to take pictures of the finished product.  Maybe I can take a picture when we go back.  We shall see.  It looked great though!

No comments: