Sep 10, 2013

Sick Sick Sick

After the party, we were cleaning up and Wayne Michael decided to finish the night off with a blown out diaper.  Haha, it was the worst smelling diaper in the world, this was when we realized he was actually more sick than we thought and it was really bad.  His parent's ended up bathing him at our house and we finished helping them pack everything up and getting home to put the poor kid to bed.

When they left I hurried and popped the rest of the balloons and started swiffer-ing the floor.  I was really excited for my family to come and visit and they got there right as I was finishing up.  We had a lot of fun just hanging out and playing with the kinect.  We spent most of the night playing and next day playing Just Dance 4.  We went to a hockey game later that night and I started feeling a little sick.  We were also awaiting the arrival of Shawna and James and we were all so excited to see them!  After the hockey game (which was amazing) we played the kinect until Shawna and James got in.  Then the party really started and we played until late into the night.  Finally when we were getting to sleep, Brady told me his stomach was a bit sore.  The rest of the night I remember Brady moaning and groaning and telling me how sick he was feeling. (Just for the record I am not the most empathetic person when I am trying to sleep.)  Brady finally went and slept on the bathroom floor because he thought he would need it.  He was correct, around 5 a.m. he started throwing up, unfortunately for him int wasn't a once around thing that sometimes he will get.  This was a sit over the toilet and vomit your guts out for a couple hours.  The poor kid slept on the bathroom floor from 5 a.m. to 7 a.m.  The only reason he left the bathroom was because at 7 Hailee kicked Brady out because she also needed to throw up.  From there is was just a downhill spiral.  Every two hours someone else needed to use the bathroom, and soon all of us were sharing.

It went Brady, Hailee, Kira, and then myself.  Mom had a stomach ache for a while but it never hit her like the rest of us.  Rachel had a strep shot earlier in the week so she didn't get sick but was still on the recovery side of things so basically we all dropped like flies and we didn't have enough couches to compensate all of us.  It was the nastiest 24 hour bug I have ever seen!  This happened to be a Sunday when this happened so the only people that went to church was Shawna, James, Mom, and I think Nikki (I can't remember exactly). They only went to sacrament meeting because they felt the need to get home and watch the rest of us.

I am grateful that 1) I had cleaned my bathroom before everyone got there B) Our plumbing worked great C) James and Shawna were so willing to break the 4th Commandment and buy popsicles and sprite  D) The whole family could become closer by this experience.  It was quite the most horrific, hilarious thing I have ever been involved in.  Thanks to my family for coming up and getting sick with Brady and myself!  We appreciate it!

3 comments:

Meagan said...

Ha ha. Can't say I'm sorry to have missed that particular gathering. I remember skyping you all and laughing myself silly. I mean...I felt really sorry for all of you and wished I could be there to help...

Sorensen said...

I'm glad your plumbing was working!

James and Shawna said...

Seriously, the plumbing successes were important! And, as the 4th commandment breaker, I would say that it is definitely worth it! We love those memories!