Alright I know I haven't written about school at all. I just thought it would be easier to explain with pictures and that had to wait until I had to build my study model. I am in the interior design program up here as you all know and this is my sophomore year in the program. Let me give you a little background on the sophomore year in a nut shell. Fall semester we learn the program AutoCAD that lets you design anything you want. It is a complicated program that isn't extremely hard but it is just a lot of little steps in order to make the whole thing work. It is quite an amazing program actually. Our big project for this semester is to design and build a house. It is a house that is 500 square feet per floor. There has to be at least two floors so you learn how to draw and construct stairs. You have the option of either doing a traditional house or a modern house. I am doing a modern house. Our study model which was due last Wednesday is the one I've taken pictures of. We do the study model to give us an idea of what the house looks like in 3D. On November 6th we have to have our presentation drawings ready. We have four elevations due, a floor plan, site plan, and two axonometric (perspective) drawings due. It is pretty intense. Right now this is all I have done and it is pretty crazy. I have a lot of changes to make and if you guys want to put in your two cents then feel free. I need all the critiques I can get. I might not use all of them but still let me know what you think. Thanks.
Oct 26, 2008
Tiny House Season
Alright I know I haven't written about school at all. I just thought it would be easier to explain with pictures and that had to wait until I had to build my study model. I am in the interior design program up here as you all know and this is my sophomore year in the program. Let me give you a little background on the sophomore year in a nut shell. Fall semester we learn the program AutoCAD that lets you design anything you want. It is a complicated program that isn't extremely hard but it is just a lot of little steps in order to make the whole thing work. It is quite an amazing program actually. Our big project for this semester is to design and build a house. It is a house that is 500 square feet per floor. There has to be at least two floors so you learn how to draw and construct stairs. You have the option of either doing a traditional house or a modern house. I am doing a modern house. Our study model which was due last Wednesday is the one I've taken pictures of. We do the study model to give us an idea of what the house looks like in 3D. On November 6th we have to have our presentation drawings ready. We have four elevations due, a floor plan, site plan, and two axonometric (perspective) drawings due. It is pretty intense. Right now this is all I have done and it is pretty crazy. I have a lot of changes to make and if you guys want to put in your two cents then feel free. I need all the critiques I can get. I might not use all of them but still let me know what you think. Thanks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
You know I'm not a modern architecture person but I'm impressed with what you've done! It pretty cool. Take what they tell you and run with it. Love you tons! I'm so proud of you. Mom
I don't see a fireman's pole? What if I am in a hurry to get downstairs?
Thanks for the invite to the blog!
I like the windows, especially the ones that go up with the roof line. Like Mom, modern architecture isn't my fav, but I quite like the way yours looks. What a lot of work! Keep it up and good luck to ya!
What a cool project!! I know nothing about architecture, so I don't think my input would help you much. All I can say is, it looks awesome!!
Was that my dad who said to put a fire pole in there? Haha.
I like it too! Good job! Happy Week!
Jackie, I am sooooo proud of you. Your house takes me back to my childhood where we had a house we called the elephant house. I don't know why but we did. You did a very good job. I actually think your prof will like it. You have a talent for design and making it work.
Post a Comment