Mar 8, 2010
California here I come
Spring Break is next week! Can I hear a hallelujah???? I decided that this year I was going to be productive during spring break. That AND I have no friends to vacation with. Anyways, I am headed out to San Jose to visit my amazing sister and get an internship. I had a very hard time deciding whether or not I should actually take a week off of work or if I should travel out to San Jose to stalk some design firms. After a couple weeks of stressing out about this decision I decided to head out to San Jose. I won't go into the reasoning behind the decision. I also decided driving would be the best answer to my problems. The only problem now was who should I drive out with. I didn't have too many options. I was going to visit my sister and design firms. I wasn't going for a normal vacation. I called up Shawna and asked her if she would come. A couple days later I found out that she could! YAY! I'm really excited for Spring Break now! I don't have to make a twelve hour drive by myself and I get to spend a week with Meagan and her family and Shawna! I don't see the downside to this. I'm pretty stoked! I have two interviews set up with some design firms and I'm waiting to hear back from a couple. I have contacted 35 firms and all but 7 have said they aren't hiring interns this summer. Blast the economy. It is really hurting my chances of getting an internship. Luckily I'm not staying in Utah like the other 30 girls in the program. They are having a hard time finding internships. California here I come! I can't wait!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yay! And hopefully you'll get to live out here with us for a while too! I've always wanted a live-in nanny. He he.
No friends to vacation with my foot!!
Shawna beats any friend anyway. And quit sounding so pathetic. You have tons of friends. Love you. Mom
Post a Comment