Jul 17, 2010

Reasons why I love California

California has been one of the best things that has ever happened to me. This summer has been amazing! I have made so many friends and I don't think I have been this comfortable in a long time. I have been here for five weeks and there are only three weeks until I have to go back to my other life. But alas that is what has to be done. Here are the reasons why I FREAKING LOVE California.

1. LAP TAG


This game may have changed my life. There is no reason to not like it! You get to meet new people, wrestle and watch other people wrestle. I don't think it can get any better. It is also a great game when everyone feels comfortable. I have played three times since being here and I hope that we will play a couple more times before I leave.



I cannot explain the rules here but I am determined to bring this game back to Utah with me and make my friends play!


I will say that I have never had so many bruises and scratches in my life! I don't think it gets any better than this.


I'm not very good at escaping from the grasps of someone. I start to laugh and if that happens I'm not going to be able to do anything, let alone get out of a wrestling match.


On the other hand, I am amazing at wrestling and taking people down. I have been getting better and I'm happy to admit that I only had a couple people get out of my grasp last night.

2. My Family

I can't express my gratitude for my sister and her family enough. They have put up with me living with them for five weeks! It is amazing to live with them and learn about their family and how it works. I also really appreciate them letting me live here for an extra two weeks. They haven't kicked me out yet so that is a good sign right? I also love my nieces! They are the most beautiful loving girls in the world. I love coming home from work to Brooklyn telling her mom that I'm home! I love having people be excited to see me! Emma has finally warmed up to me. I can hold her and she doesn't squeal (most of the time). I'm not working on her giving me hugs but that doesn't seem to be working out in my favor at all.


Brooklyn and I washed my car last Saturday. I of course had to get some amazing pictures of how awesome we looked!




I don't get many photos with Emma. She doesn't like to sit still. This is the best we get. I really am so lucky to get to spend so much time with them. They are amazing. Also their mom and dad are amazing. I really respect them a lot.

3. MY WARD

Ok, I had no idea I would make so many friends and have opportunities to hang out with people. I have met so many amazing people here. Everyone out here is very accepting and I am not used to that. People in Utah stick to their clicks and out here I don't think I have seen much of that. I am going to miss these people more than anything else! They have all touched my life and influenced me in one way or another. I have had a blast getting to know everyone! Pictures will follow from this group. Just know that they are all amazing and have made my life better.

3 comments:

Sorensen said...

Jackie, I'm glad you love California! Now, you know what I kept on raving about when we were freshmen. But, I'm kind of glad that you're coming back. I want to make crepes, again!

Meagan said...

Aww...I'm glad you love it here. I think if you can't come back sooner, you and Nikki MUST come out for spring break again. Hey, it's tradition!

J and L said...

I love your blog Jackie. I finally took a minute to look through it. I am so glad that you've had such a great time in California. Thanks Meg & Derek for letting you stay with them. Love you. Mom