Sep 23, 2010

Balancing Eagle Desk Toy

When I was little I went to the county fair in grand old Castle Dale. This was back when they had the fair in the park by the stake center. I remember there was a rock wall and lots of booths. There was one particular booth that stood out in my mind. It sold children's toys. Not the good quality toys, but the ones you buy in bulk from China that are maybe worth five cents and the mark up on these toys are ridiculous. I remember looking at those toys and seeing such a variety of them. The one that blew my mind was the eagle that was balancing by the tip of the beak on a little stand. They came in all sizes and it was incredible. If you are still confused please reference the picture below.




Today at work I decided to recreate this toy. To see how well I did please look at the following pictures.





I think I did a great job in recreating the toy.
Also, I found other pictures on my computer from earlier work experiences that I would like to share with you.



I get told a lot that I looked really ticked off in this picture. I don't see it that way at all. I was making a funny face!



This is a paper face I made one day while talking to a customer. It was great! Unfortunately they threw it away so I only have the pictures to keep as a memory.

4 comments:

Kendra said...

wow jackie. you are the stand for an eagle. that is impressive. what a great thing to become.

Meagan said...

Um...they pay you? J/k. You are funny. I'm glad that you have some down time these days.

James and Shawna said...

Wow, you're almost as good at balancing as Nikki is on my exercise ball. I think your grouchy face is HOTT! And, you're pretty cool too!!

J and L said...

You texted and said to check your blog. With great expectation on got to it. Ummmmmmm . . . I wasn't disappointed. I am so proud of my talented, gifted daughter. Okay. Keep up the good work . .. . .. . . . Love you Jackie