Apr 27, 2012

The Best Five Years!

Now that college is coming to a close and this chapter of my life is closing I’ve been reflecting on the past five years.  A lot has happened and I look at how much I’ve grown and changed and found myself and it makes me a little choked up!  I have so much to be grateful for and I am so thankful for all the people I have had come into my life and helped mold who I am.  I want to recap the past five years. I'm leaving out all summers except when I was on my internship. I am doing that because I'm focusing on the school years. I could go on and on about summers!

Freshman Year - I lived in San Juan Hall with some of the best people in the world.  How I will always look back at freshman year and always remember my amazing roommates and friends and co-workers.  I was a little girl in a big city.  (I don’t know how many people would say that about Logan, but if you knew about Castle Dale you would understand.)  I got a job at the Quadside Cafe in October of 2007 because of a wonderful friend who wanted to get rid of some of her hours.  I am so grateful for her and her boss to give me the chance.  I really needed a job and was so blessed to finally get one.  I lived up my freshman year!  I had a fresh start and worked on becoming who I wanted.  Here is my list of top 10 moments from freshman year:  

  1. First would definitely be going to Tijuana and San Diego with Brady, Jeremy and Madi.  I will never regret that trip!  
  2. Taking my first Interior Design classes and getting into the program!
  3. Holding other people’s possessions hostage until we got pizza, ice cream or other random items from the people we stole from.
  4. Having cupcake fights with Brady and convincing him to try and swallow 1 TBS. of cinnamon.
  5. Reading the naked roommate with our roommates.
  6. Christine taking me snowboarding for the first time ever.  Thank you Christine!
  7. Mattress surfing down the stairs with Madi and Steph, Christine was there but refused to participate, she thought we were crazy Americans!
  8. Going to the Hockey games and Charlie’s after!
  9. Snow fights!  I haven’t seen that much snow in Logan since that year!
  10. Working until 1 of 2 a.m. closing the Quadside and then coming home to party even more!


Sophomore Year - To be honest I never want to relive sophomore year.  If anything I would go back and tell myself that life gets better and to not worry so much and just enjoy the moment.  Sophomore year was all about the interior design program!  I started working at the Service Desk and kept my job at the Quad Side and for about eight months, cleaned a house.  My top 5 most memorable moments from sophomore year:
  1. Totalling my car in March.  
  2. The many all nighters in the studio.  I will never be able to thank Chantelle for the help she gave me that year, I will always remember her selfless acts of kindness!
  3. Making it past sophomore review.
  4. Creating games during our space planning class where we would try to make the other girls laugh by sending funny, inappropriate pictures to each other.  
  5. Playing volleyball at the middle church and making some amazing friends.  Lincoln, Abby, Sydney, Greg and Derek! Check out the blooper video Abby made!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1172390276706&set=t.508761921&type=3

Junior Year - I lived in a wonderful place with amazing roommates.  I just wanted to get through classes and get out to San Jose for the summer!  My top 10 moments from Junior year would be:
  1. Finding out my one roommate thought I was possessed and kept my demons in the pantry!
  2. Hot tubbing and playing Blockus with Greg and Abby and Derek!  
  3. Volleyball became my stress release and I hardly missed a week!
  4. Driving out to California with Shawna for spring break and visiting Meagan and Derek and interviewing!
  5. Interviewing with Bethe Cohen Design Associates and breaking down when I got there after being lost for an hour!  (They still hired me!)
  6. Spending the summer with Meagan, Derek, Brooklyn, Emma and Jake!  They were so good to me!
  7. Meeting some amazing friends in San Jose, Alex, Ari, Robin, Kristen, the list goes on and on!
  8. Going to Sun Valley with Kendra and Ashley!  It was a blessing we made it home that night!  Thank you Ashley for keeping me awake!
  9. Taking random trips to Salt Lake or Provo with Cat and jamming out to LMFAO!
  10. My first year as a facilitator for HOBY! We were the orange group AND WE ARE ELECTRIC! 

Senior Year 1 - I lived with amazing roommates again and I started dating Brady!  This year was full of amazing moments and also some bad moments.  It seems like it was so long ago!
My top 5 moments from last year:
  1. Dating Brady and Brady breaking up with me getting back together, getting engaged and married! I will always be grateful for Jeremy and Melissa telling me it was ok to date him and telling Brady he made the biggest mistake of his life when he broke up with me!  They are amazing friends!
  2. Meeting Brady’s family during Thanksgiving.  It was quite the 24 hours leading up to it.  
  3. Going to Sun Valley with Kendra and Ashley and Shayna!  I am also going to say going to Fashion Remix!
  4. My capstone class, my professor changed my life and I am so amazed at her willingness to help me out!  She is incredible!
  5. Having a taste test with Emily, Kasey and Brady of all the different apple ciders!
  6. Service Desk parties!
  7. Spring break with Brady, Thomas, and Thomas’ cousin.  We went to L.A. and saw some incredible things!
  8. Designing and remodeling Thomas’ bathroom!
  9. Being able to take a rendering class and being the teacher’s assistant at the same time!
  10. Going to the Ice Castle with Shawna and Nikki!  


Senior Year 2 - Living my last year as a college student as a wife!  I love being married and I have loved this first year of marriage!  We have gotten to know a lot about each other and about ourselves.  The top 10 things about this year have been:
  1. Getting married and going to the Bahamas and Key West for our honeymoon!
  2. Taking my adobe suite class.  I hated the class but I learned a lot about myself.
  3. Learning about the game of football and watching football after church on Sundays!  Go Packers!
  4. Going to the Potato Bowl in Boise!  Thanks again Paul and Caryn!!!
  5. Spending a weekend at the Hammond cabin during Labor Day and Christmas!
  6. Our whole Christmas adventure!
  7. Spring Break with Christine!  Thank you for coming to visit!
  8. Graduating or close to!
  9. Hailee’s prom (Yes I cried! She is growing up too fast!)
  10. Living with Brady every day!  I never thought I would ever be this happy and I am so grateful for everything he does for me!  I am really the luckiest girl ever!


2 comments:

Cathrine said...

Ha I love that picture you posted of us. I just had a little bit of meningitis :)

Meagan said...

Love the new blog look Jackie!